Sponsored by Lori's Country Cottage
(led by Barb Leger)
- To make one Dignity Quilt for each long-term care facility that wants one. A Dignity Quilt is one that will cover a resident on his/her final journey – from their bedroom to the hearse. One quilt will be used and re-used so only one for each facility. It needs to be 60 - 80 inches wide and approximately 100 inches long, appropriate for both male and female.
To make and donate as many Comfort quilts as possible to long-term care facilities in the Sherwood Park and Edmonton region. (Either twin size: at least 70” x 90” or wheelchair-lap size: approx 40” x 40”)
Ways to support the project:
- Donate new already-made quilts
- Donate fabric, batting, backing
- Donate money
- Make new quilts to donate
- Offer to quilt some tops
- Offer to make and attach labels for the quilts
- Offer to help with delivery of quilts
The quilts can be dropped off at Lori’s CC and will be distributed as they arrive. Please be sure you have marked them with the name of the person who made the top and the person who quilted it, as well as the measurement of the quilt. This can be just a piece of paper pinned to the front.
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in taking part in this project in any capacity. Feel free to contact her if you have any questions. If you decide to join us on Tuesday, please don’t think you will be committed – come and see if it feels like a good fit for you. No hard feelings if it isn’t. But do let Barb know you are coming – we have to be careful with numbers due to Covid.